Skip to main content

Reply to "Affect of Corona on ‘21s and ‘22s"

I'm not saying don't contact them completely but just know that they might not be able to respond or choose to respond.  I have read the NCAA write-up but have also had conversations with several college  coaches for both baseball and softball that I am friends with, my son and some of his friends, and a few coaches locally that I am trying to get kids recruited by. These are guys at all levels of college baseball.  Some HC and some AC.   At least 5 of them have said their AD's or conferences are not allowing them to have any contact during this time.  My son is not allowed in his office without a security guard and getting permission to get personal items and leave and no one including any coaches is allowed in their sports facilities.  Some are told no contact, some are told you can answer and tell them you can get back with them, some are told you can do anything as long as it is not face to face or on campus so everybody seems to be reading the  directive differently or their AD or conference is putting additional stipulations on them.    So I would say you can send them emails or call them but they may or may not respond. 

I have been called a liar over this issue by one particular person on this website but I know what the people that I have talked to have said.  Just because what I'm hearing is not what their son has been told and what the NCAA says.  But I know the rules for some conferences and schools are more stringent than just what the NCAA says. 

For me, I have continued to make phone calls because I am not a recruiter or connected with any high school or travel team at this point so I can call guys I have friendships with.  One told me about one of my friend's sons who had a great start of the season  that they are interested in him but can have no contact right now but to let him know they will be in contact when they can. 

So as in all of this, do what you feel comfortable doing.  Just know each person will respond differently. 

As with players, some will stop doing everything, some will throw occasionally, some will lift weights, and some will do everything they were doing before by themselves, and others will continue to practice and lift as a group.  My son's plan is to do everything he had been doing and more to be ready for either the rest of the spring SEC season or summer ball each day either by himself or with others as he can find them. 

Hope this helps.  I don't think there are any for sures during these times in any area of my life except 1.