Skip to main content

Reply to "After committing - pitfalls or concerns"

"necessary. As far as the coach, unless you've been with him for at least a year and he helped him get the offer/already has an established relationship with the college then it really isn't necessary. Sounds like a guy that is looking to develop a relationship with the school for future players or a coach that knows what he is doing and wants to help. Just be aware of anybody that is overly invested. "

Some coaches try to keep control of their player's future while in high school.  Just be careful since a fine line regarding playing time his Sr. year.  If you need more info PM me.  Along with the accolades comes scrutiny with social media.  A top ranked athlete now becomes major news if something negative happens.  I warned my son to be careful what he does in the public since social media will give less emphasis if something happens to role players as opposed to All-Americans or heavily recruited top players. 

You son has gotten this far without any problems.  He's doing something correctly.  Being humble is one of the best traits to strive for IMO.  It will stick with him throughout his career (baseball and non-baseball).  It's one thing to say the correct things when interviewed, it's something else to demonstrate it through actions.

Enjoy these times because high school accolades only happen for a short time.