Skip to main content

Reply to "After the Workout, Showcase, Scout Day, etc..."

You and your player can use his numbers to benchmark himself against the top ranked player data available on PG/PBR websites, to get a sense for he how ranks vs the nation-wide talent.

My 2024 attended his very first local showcase/workout 3 yrs ago (almost to the day) - it was very, very affordable and just 30 minutes drive from our home.  There was almost no social media attention, no write ups. The data did not go into a national scouting database.  There were ~60 local kids, my son was the only '24 in the event (most kids were two or three years older seeking exposure in front of ten local DII and DIII coaches). We picked up some showcase numbers that reinforced what we kind of understood before hand.

Most importantly, it gave my son important experience before he showed up at a much larger showcase with a national scouting service.  An a lot of confidence ... the only memory my son has of the event was what one coach offered as feedback  ... "your a f---ing horse, just keep doing what you are doing" - at least that is what my son thinks he heard that night ;-).

Good luck to your son as chases the dream!

Last edited by mjd-dad