Skip to main content

Reply to "Age of Perfect Game Showcases?"

Originally Posted by Eli42:

Do Perfect Game showcases start at age 14? My son is 11u (first travel ball team). I am trying to plot a measured course for his development. As long as he wants to play, I want to help him reach each new level. At the moment, I am trying to assess what those levels are. He is getting valuable at-bats and field play. I plan on joining a center where we can get him regular time in the batting cage. I'm thinking of private coaching for position play (Shortstop/Catcher) as well.

I want him to see higher competition often, which led me to Perfect Game showcases. He excels at knowing what his goals are and feeds off the higher competition. If that is just staying the course with playing tournaments, etc, then we are at least pointing in the right direction. Pretty new to this level of baseball. Any guidance would be appreciated.

11 to 14 is HUGE gap in youth baseball. Enjoy getting better, start working with a good hitting coach because it is fun and will benefit him right away and enjoy the ride.