Skip to main content

Reply to "Age of Perfect Game Showcases?"

Actually, my larger question was more about what I can be doing for him now at 11 yrs old beyond the reps he is getting playing games on his current team. Looking back at my original post, I could have phrased the question better. At that moment, I was trying to wrap around what Perfect Game was and that deserved a question unto itself.

I simply want to know what avenues/opportunities that might be available to us at this age. We thought about trying out for some of the higher echelon teams in town just to see the competition so he could have a greater awareness of the level of play in his age group. Before last night, I was not aware there were such things as high school prep programs (or NTIS baseball). This is interesting because it, at least, gives me possible goals to shoot for. But I can't help with my son's path if I'm ignorant of the options.

Right now I am more concerned with finding a position coach in the Atlanta area that can teach my son and inspire him. While we are doing that, I need to be planning what could be next.