Skip to main content

Reply to "agent question?"

Well Vance, of course he is an agent. We chose an advisor that is an agent for obvious reason's. We wanted advice as it pertains to the draft. Why would someone choose an advisor who had no knowledge of the draft process? Hello? The whole story is that in the end, the advisor advised my son to go to college or juco, based on the offer. My son decided to sign and asked the advisor to become his agent. That is exactly the way it is supposed to work.

A good agent will become an advisor for the long hall. He knows that the kid will be there down the road if he doesn't sign now. An ethical advisor/agent will look out for the kids interest and advise.

Parents need to know that an agent will inherently try to get a player to sign. (What would one expect?) Most agents believe the pros are a better way to develop. So I suggest one gets their ducks in a row and know the questions to ask. Parents should educate themselves on the process and understand the dynamics. The advisor advises, not controls. If parents let and advisor do that, then they are stupid.

What bother's me about your position is that you are trying to make it seem shady or illegal or even unethical. Some are, some are not. Same as any endeavor. It is within the rules.

Frankly your implying that I am leaving out part of the story and acting like I am hiding something is insulting. All it tells me is that lack certain knowledge (though you obviously know a lot) about the process and your view is slightly jaded. So I have to post here to make sure that someone doesn't follow your bad advice and get their kid into trouble with the ncaa.