Skip to main content

Reply to "Agents"

IMO and from my own experience . You do not need an advisor/ agent unless you are being drafted out of high school. However once playing college ball if your goal is to get drafted I highly suggest you get an advisor!!!! My son started getting calls at age 16 from agents. We asked them to mail info. That was it. There was one agent in our state who is a very low key guy and he is picky as to who he takes himself!!! He was also recommended by my sons college coach. He came to watch my son play in college alot. Came to pro days in college. We did sign on with him as an advisor. He worked the MLB teams to help my son get noticed prior to the draft. On draft day he called every round to say who was interested and hang tight. Once my son was drafted in 10th round with no leverage as was a 5th year redshirt senior he negotiated his contract and signing bonus. As his agent he has been there for everything!!! He did not take a penny from my son until my son was added to the 40 man roster 3 years later.