Skip to main content

Reply to "Ah, The Good 'Ol Days"

Born in 1959 and as a youngster I remember having 3 stations to watch. At 11:30 at night the stations went off the air with the playing of the Star Spangled Banner. On Saturday nights one of the stations would stay on later and they would have a movie of the week. We thought it was so awesome to stay up and watch the movie and it didn't even matter what it was. The fact we could stay up and watch a movie was so cool.

I still remember our first color TV. It had 3 dials on it to adjust the color. I didn't get cable TV until I was married a couple of years. It was when I was introduced to WTBS and the Atlanta Braves. It was the first time in my life I could follow one team the entire season. Watch almost every game since they came on at 7:35 on home games and 10:35 west coast games almost every game in seemed. I am still a big fan of the Orioles but I followed the Braves since most of the players at that time were coming through the Durham Bulls Org at the time and WTBS.

I grew up watching shows like "I dream of Jeanie" "Gilligans Island" "The Waltons" "Mayberry RFD" "Gunsmoke" "The Rifleman" "Daniel Boone" "Beverly Hillbillies" and many more like that. Now I rarely watch TV. I only watch sports and Fox News for the most part. To be honest with you I would much rather read my Bible, read a good book, and stay outside till dark as much as possible. I like to get up early and see the sunrise as often as possible and see the sunset every day. I love to spend time with my grand daughter and at a baseball field as much as possible. TV is something I do when all the good things I enjoy doing are not available.

And of course I spend time on here reading posts and enjoying threads like this one.