Skip to main content

Reply to "AJC Article: BBCOR has changed the game"

My son has hit 6 home runs this season. Just from the games I watched he would have had another 6 easy with the old bats that ended up as warning track outs. And I only saw 12 games this year. But I am not complaining because he has become a much better hitter because of the new bats. He has progressed much better than he would have with the old bats. He will be a better hitter when its all said and done because of the new bats. Power is not a problem because if he squares it up it goes real good. So learn to square the ball up on a consistent basis. If not your going to fail just like you should.

There are no cheap home runs and there shouldnt be. Small should be a part of the game because thats baseball. The guys hitting the home runs are the guys that should be hitting the home runs. The guys playing small ball are the guys that should be playing small ball. The numbers will increase next season. The hitters will make the adjustment and will be better for it.

We also need to understand the defenders have had to make a huge adjustment as well. After years of reading swings and learning how the play comes off the bat one way now it comes off totally different. Way more balls are ran down in the outfield because they dont get in the gaps as fast unless they are truly scortched. There are not as many scortched ground balls and more slow roller or soft ground balls.

Yes they have changed the game. They have made it more like it used to be and the way imo it should be.