Skip to main content

Reply to "AL Wild Card Race"

quote:
RJM said.....The big mistake Red Sox management failed to calculate when putting the current team together is chemistry

I agree with the chemistry observation. Certainly there are bright spots on this team, and there are "less than bright spots". Another aspect to the chemistry observation is LEADERSHIP. It is really not clear to me who was leading this team from a player perspective. It is true that I don't see or hear what happens in the locker room, but what happened on the field was inexcuseable. There are many veteran players on that team. The closest thing I saw to leadership was Pedrioa. He led by example, and had the will to win. I didn't see that will to win & fight in anyone else. What I saw was a team that was complacent and not hungry when it mattered most. Unfortunetly, some of those players will still be under contract. On a positive note, some of those players services will no longer be needed. I just hope and pray that the front office doesn't do anything stupid by firing Francona. That would be a huge mistake IMHO.