Skip to main content

Reply to "AL Wild Card Race"

I don't feel sorry for Redsox Nation! I agree with the Lack of Chemistry take, but at least Boston ownership put their money where their mouth is and went after Crawford and Gonzalez. I could be wrong...but IMO losing Youkilis was a huge loss, not having him in the lineup grinding everyday may have brought down some of that chemistry?

Yup, I don't feel sorry for you......I have to deal with the McCourt (Isn't he from Boston? Smile) debacle in Los Angeles. The Dodgers had two players this year with outstanding MVP/Cy Young numbers. Matt Kemp was 3rd in .BA, and led the NL in HR's, RBI's, and Runs to go along with 40 steals...not bad for a kid that didn't have much protection in the lineup. Clayton Kershaw led the National League in Wins, ERA, and Strikeouts...the Pitching Triple Crown for a team that was barely over .500. Their chances of taking home any hardware is rather meager due to where the team finished in the standings.

A couple months ago the Detroit Tigers were in town, and my son and I had the opportunity to watch them take BP on the Dodgers infield. Jim Leyland strolled over to talk for a few minutes, and Cabrera took a couple pictures with my son and his buddy. A good friend of mine went to HS with one of the trainers for Detroit, so that's how we obtained the field passes....I guess you can say I'll be pulling for the Tigers to come out of the American League.