Skip to main content

Reply to "All Hype-Where is the performance?"

quote:
Originally posted by Mark B:
quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
How is Cole not getting the job done? I beleive that he has more upside than Bauer, where they are drafted will mean more in their bonus demands and what a team prefers more than the differences in their stats.

How is not getting the job done? He has a 6-8 record and lost to the #4 seed last night. Ever since he blew off the Yankess 3 years ago as their #1 pick we have heard about his upside. When does upside and hype translate to wins? Bauer's numbers crush his. Double the win's, 1/3 of his era, 50% more k's. Plus Bauer is younger as he graduating from high school a year early.

I am with my fellow Buckeye on this and easily would take Bauer for the Tribe as well over Cole.

Because his team didn't hit yesterday, he lacks performance?

With the number of hits he has vs Bauer only indicates he pitches differently. I haven't seen either pitch but I am going to go out on a limb that one relies more on his FB and the other with off speed, etc. That makes them different. Does Cole induce more ground balls that turn into runs rather than more strike outs?

He also went from a 30 something pick to most likely #1 and needed a lot of maturing.

Again, wins/losses as a college pitcher is not an indicator that someone is better than another.
Last edited by TPM