Skip to main content

Reply to "All Hype-Where is the performance?"

I hate to chime in after PG...I can't compete with him, however, here is my two cents. We all know that Cole and Bauer have generally been 1A and 1B on the mound for the Bruins the past couple of years. You have to remember that Cole has been the Friday Night starter, and therefore, has been facing the opponents Friday starter as well. Yes, he lost to the #4 seeded USF Dons (West Coast Conference Champs) 3-0 last night. Gerrit Cole battled for 7.1 innings striking out 11 batters, while scattering eleven hits. Not the best line score for a potential number one guy...but let's not forget, Cole isn't receiving any offensive support from his team. The Dons #1 pitcher (Zimmer) dominated the Bruins lineup. The UCLA opponents Friday starter(s) have been shutting their offense down all year long, and that's the biggest reason for Cole's Sub .500 record on the bump.

I like Bauer, he may end up being another Lincecum in a couple years? But it's tough to argue with a 6'4" Power arm that has touched triple digits a few times this year! They are both amazing pitchers, but I'm rooting for another team to come out of the Los Angeles Regional this weekend...Rip Em Eaters!!!