Skip to main content

Reply to "All Hype-Where is the performance?"

TPM - you've got to watch the condescending stuff, our sons do not have to be pitchers for us to understand how pitching works.

Just because Savage pitches Cole on Friday does not mean he is the better player. PG and other distinguished people think he is but there are other scouting professionals who think Bauer is better. More important to me is that when I watch them both play, I think Bauer is better regardless of who pitches on Friday or Saturday or what Baseball America has to say about it. Andrew Miller was your Friday guy and Daniel Bard was your Saturday guy at UNC. Which one is the better player?

Joe Paterno had two running backs at Penn State in the early seventies. One guy named Lydell Mitchell was all everything and definitely the apple of the coach's eye. The other guy was more of a grinder and yet was surprisingly drafted before Mitchell. The grinder went on to be a hall of famer in Pittsburgh and his name was Franco Harris.

If you think Cole is better because he has better tools, then great. I think Bauer is the better pitcher and that is more important than tools imho or any excuses we might make up to explain the differences between their numbers.