Skip to main content

Reply to "All Hype-Where is the performance?"

PG - totally respect your opinion and it is what makes this site the greatest.

I can see where Cole has the most tools and "potentially" the biggest upside. I was never quite sure Matt Harvey dominated in college like the hype surrounding him said he ought to but he is unhittable right now in the pros. The very same thing may be true of Cole after he becomes a multimillionaire in a few weeks.

I get where guys get paid for tools and then we see out of that pool who the best players are. Sometimes we get blinded by tools and the right answer is right in front of us.

If someone believes that Bauer is the next Greg Maddux, then that is who they ought to take imho even if another player has better "tools." There is some subjectivity in that but that is what scouts and GM's get paid very well to figure out. The missing element in the tools equation is who is the better player imho and I realize that means who is going to be better five or ten years from now. One projects to be the better player but one actually is the better player and just to add a little icing on the cake, his tools ain't that bad either.

I love these discussions as well. Thanks for taking the time to share your valued opinions.