Skip to main content

Reply to "All Hype-Where is the performance?"

quote:
Originally posted by Mark B:

How is not getting the job done? He has a 6-8 record and lost to the #4 seed last night.

FWIW, I was questioning this statement, his performance not translating into a possibly first round pick. It's apparent that Bauer is RIGHT now the better college pitcher. I don't think that anyone is arguing that point.

PG statement that pro ball is NOT about what is happening now against college hitters is right on. So are the statements about added pressure. I thank him for explaining how that works, why the hype about Gerrit Cole. Remove the excuses here about why he hasn't gotten it done this year and he still is better than most every pitcher in the country.

Actually, as GM I would go with ACC lefty pitcher Hultzen, with a 1.57 ERA, 11-3 record, less ER and BB than the two others. If I am NL GM then I like it better, he can hit! Wink

Actually, I would take the pitcher that most likely would be a better fit for my defensive strategy or perhaps be very valuable later in trade.

Personally, I doubt that any of the first round players are ready to play ML ball.
Last edited by TPM