Skip to main content

Reply to "Alternative to deadlift"

If I may chime in, my school uses a computer system that is sport and position specific with many variations and room for changing what you do. I lift with the O-linemen but i don't lift like them. I have a specific workout geared towards being a pitcher. The one thing that overlaps in all sports is the core lifts. We do Box squat, Bench, Incline Bench, Power cleans, Parallel squat, and Dead Lift with different amounts of sets and reps each week.

That being said, The two things that have helped the most this year is Dead lift and Squat. By strengthening my hips while keeping flexible as well as working my quads and ham strings, I have shaved time off my 40 yard dash, 60 yard dash, and am throwing harder than ever. We do not do the romanian deadlift, but rather the "hex bar" deadlift. Either way, with a weight belt and good form, Deadlift and back squat has done wonders for me. I would suggest finding a way to get a deadlift that works because it will help baseball whether it's throwing or getting good rotation while swinging.
Last edited by bigheat27-42