Skip to main content

Reply to "Alternative to Drug Testing"

quote:
Originally posted by LLorton:
Ever consider the damage that is being advocated to a person's self-esteem when the method of compliance already assumes your guilt by forcing your son to "give" a urine sample? Hmmm, unintended consequences.

And then I wonder, the girls are "given" the "right-to-privacy" protection under a "woman's-right-to-choose" because "it's-her-body", but I guess the rest of our son's are just dufus male athletes and just chattel to the state, just need to pee in the bottle and keep their mouth's shut.

What a country? JMO

Please correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that female athletes are not being tested because of the reasons you stated? If so then that is completely wrong because if you randomly test one athlete then you have to have all athletes open to testing - male and female. Females have to *P* in a bottle just like the males.

You are worried about people's self esteem being hurt because they have to *P* in a bottle? If something like Peing in a bottle makes them feel bad they are probably a weak minded individual. If having to P in a bottle is the worst thing to happen to them they have lived a good life. We are to worried about hurting people's feelings that it gets to the point you can't teach kids because if they fail it will stunt their emotional development. What a load.

Anyway back to the topic by CPLZ. I think it's a good idea to have this class but there are several problems in that you will have to make sure the class lines up with the states curriculum standards. If that doesn't line up then you are in trouble - have to teach to the test.

Another problem is what someone mentioned about hiring a dietician to teach and they not being certified.

Another problem is getting the board of education to pay for another teacher. Schools are not going to find money to pay for this class when it probably won't help test scores - got to teach to the test.

Even after the negative stuff I just put please go ahead and bring it up. Hopefully you can get things changed to where it will actually benefit kids instead of - teaching to the test.