Skip to main content

Reply to "Americans, what’s you’re favorite sport?"

Boxing, baseball, horse racing are the big three. 

Wait, that was in 1919, not 2019. 

I haven’t been able to stomach watching basketball for a long time. I like Rockets, follow their win/loss and hope they win the championship, but never watch.

NFL football, good college matchups ( I have no alumni affiliation) I can watch at anytime. But ever since the Oilers lost a 35 pt playoff lead to Buffalo, I am a cynic forever in believing “my team” would really win the “Big Game”.

I know nothing of soccer, never played, couldn’t name a US player. But at the national level, would drop just about anything to watch “US semi-final World Cup” or the like. 

But baseball, Ray (JM), the one constant through all the years. To me it’s a novel that never ends, just chapter after chapter, twelve months a year, year after year. Was just talking to my son tonight about Mike Scott’s split finger taught to him by Roger Craig, (son says doesn’t that hurt your arm?) Dave Smith’s 87 mph fastball and change up after changeup that netted him over 200 saved on mediocre at best Astros teams in the ‘80’s. 

Doesn't really matter, E-Sports will eclipse all, well at least until the Lunar Regolith Volleyball League or A-Belt 3D Virtual Handball Association.  Or the O’Neil Cylinder Golf Association.