Skip to main content

Reply to "An old Mans thought"

I wasn't planning on paying to see the senate softball game any time soon, so if they want to get an edge by using illegal steroids and are willing to suffer the consequences including the legal consequences if caught using it is fine by me. Same goes for the lawyers, etc. As far as the entertainers go, if I'm at a concert and they are so drugged up they can't perform I'm going to join everyone else in booing them off the stage and then demand my money back.

On the other hand, when I PAY to go see a baseball game which is a competition combining skill, athletic ability and teamwork I expect all of the athletes to be competing on an equal playing ground and not cheating by using illegal steroids.

Don't you understand that people are going to question your motives when you continue to post things implying that you condone the use of steroids? Don't you understand that when you make posts like this you are implying that you condone the use of steroids?

I have no expectations that my son will ever play at that level but as he tries to advance in baseball he'll never use steroids if I have anything to say about it and I'd rather there weren't people trying to create an environment where steroid use was considered acceptable.

Look at how many minor leaguers are being caught using steroids. How many players may have dropped out of baseball prematurely because they were outcompeted by steroid enhanced players? It is possible that we've all been cheated out of seeing a late blooming great talent who was cut in favor of a steroid enhanced player.
Last edited by CADad