Skip to main content

Reply to "An ugly baseball thought ..."

Let me add that it will be difficult for many of us to make a decision what to do with our guys if we are online in the fall between baseball and school.  Mine is out of state and costs a lot more than the local schools.  He is on scholarship so the scholarship would likely pay the full amount since we would not need room and board, as long as they honor the baseball scholarship.  That will be the next big hurdle is whether all schools would honor their sports scholarships if there is not sports.  I don't think this will be a concern because I think unless the numbers skyrocket once the nation is opened it will be hard to shut back down again.  Don't want this to get into a corona discussion. 

On the other side, If a player transfers to a local school, it will mess with their baseball eligibility for the future. 

I think some teachers are definitely struggling how to teach in this online world.  Most of my son's classes are fine and the teachers are doing a great job but his hardest class, the Business Management class, teacher dropped all daily assignments and projects and is just giving mid term and final which will greatly impact grade unless he ultimately is just going to pass everyone who tries which is what I have heard some say.  I think they will have a hard time justifying failing a kid who logs in every day and had good grades pre-Corona and does not once it went online.