Skip to main content

Reply to "And another one bites the dust"

Orlando,

I have been through that unpleasant experience more than once. It is not much fun for anyone involved. In fact, it is a very bad experience. At the time it doesn't really help to know that it happens to nearly all players.

I have to commend you for even bringing it up here. I think this is a very important message that people do need to hear. It's reality! and at some point many on here are going to experience it. Later on, you realize just how good your son was to have had the opportunity. I think you have realized that before most people would.

Also, everyone should appreciate the persistence and desire that Aeden possesses. He might play for a long long time, but even if not... He has learned so much that many others will never know. I bet he will be involved in baseball for a long time.

A sad day perhaps, but he should be congratulated and so should you. He is a true professional! I hope he someday uses his experience and knowledge to help young kids. Sounds like he is already off and running when it comes to that.