Skip to main content

Reply to "And he’s off..."

You know the reality show Survivor - where the host Jeff Probst says - "you've done all you can do in this game, now it's up to the jury"...  well that can strangely apply to the first year experience...  Remember those "long conversations" you had the last few years  that usually were very one sided... You'll miss those as now you'll get very short text messages... Try calling and you'll get I'm busy, can I call you back! Don't be offended - it's better than the alternative, I hate it here, please come get me...  Early morning lifts, breakfast, class, lunch at 1230, nap, practice at 4, dinner at 7, studying/homework/social activities until late at night...   My son's coach once said to us, they don't realize they're just on a 4 year vacation. I'm sure those like me also on the backside of the college experience will agree - it goes very quickly (time *and* money). If you think now that it felt like yesterday that he entered first 1st grade - well compress that by 1/3 and you definitely don't get the feedback of the first 4 years of school.