Skip to main content

Reply to "And he’s off..."

Best of luck to all the incoming freshmen baseball players in this thread.  For many parents this is a leap of faith as it was for all three of my kids with or without baseball.  Let's face it, they are calling the shots in what they do with their time and you hope they learned something over the last 18 years!  My wife and I had concerns with our oldest son taking on college baseball and a difficult major.  We thought he was not very organized and just got by on smarts in high school.   As it turned out his high school had prepared him very well and actually gave him a leg up in an extremely competitive academic environment.  He felt incredibly average among his incoming freshmen peers, where as before he was an academic star in high school.  Baseball was the same situation....he was incredibly average among his baseball incoming class and teammates.  What we found out is that he has a tremendous work ethic (gets that from his mother) that we had never seen before, because he wasn't challenged as he would be in college.  College brought out the best in him and really challenged him over those 4 years.

Good luck to all! 

Last edited by fenwaysouth