Skip to main content

Reply to "And he’s off..."

old_school posted:

my freshman son came home last week...he thinks he is now an adult and doesn't care to be asked many questions, his mother thinks he is still 16 in HS and asks to many...somehow the fact that he has a bad attitude (his fault) about her asking him too many questions (her fault) is my fault!!!

How the heck did this happen and when is he leaving...sigh.

I hate to say this but it doesn't get any better with each year.  I won't call it "ignorance" or pinpoint who's "fault" but I will say this.  My son was the same way with info and how he is "doing".  I remember his freshman year, first game, which was away in N.Cal (I live in So. Cal).  We kept asking if he was going to see any playing time, and his reply was always "I dunno".  We flew, made the trip just in case.  3 hours before game time he said he was starting.  Later that evening I asked why he didn't let us know earlier and he said he wasn't sure, but he thought he would.  I don't know if it is the "boys club rule" or the HC put clamps on anything to do with the team but get used to little or no info.  Maybe it's my kid but the only time he tells us anything about the team is after we hear from other parents.  Oh yes, I forgot, he does readily tell us when he needs money or if he charged something expensive to me.  Life of a baseball parent