Skip to main content

Reply to "Announcing offers"

Bamadad posted:

I don’t see anything wrong with it.   I see it as an opportunity to help your son get recruited by more schools.

My son is a 2019 lefty pitcher who is good enough to play somewhere in college.   Whenever he gets his first offer, as soon as he makes the announcement on Twitter his high school Twitter account will retweet it. The coaches for his showcase team will retweet it.   There are numerous D1, JUCO and D2/D3 schools that follow the Twitter accounts of the high school and showcase coaches that my son plays for.       When a school sees that the player has received an offer from a specific school, it has the possibility of causing them to now have more interest in the player.   It happens all the time when Bama offers a football player.   As soon as a school sees that the player is good enough to get an offer from Bama, they know that is a player good enough to play for them as well.

I believe it's a better resource to have your coach for the showcase team to tweet performance or gains/upticks in their progression as a baseball player. It will catch more attention of RC's in baseball.

Baseball is an EXTREMELY small world  and leveraging offers is not a "safe bet".  I urge you to seek out programs that fit his ambitions academically  and baseball a close second. It's been stressed many times, go where your wanted, go where you fit. There are too many displaced players that end up in less than favorable situations because they didn't understand what a "fit" was.

Please don't confuse the availability of 11.7 scholarships in baseball vs the ridiculous 85 scholarships that football has to toss around. Baseball coaches are a bit more reserved when they go shopping.......FYI, Character is at the top of their shopping list.