Skip to main content

Reply to "Anonymous Part II"

quote:
Originally posted by Baseballdad1228:
Texan, my response was very well thought out. ... Your reasons obviously are your own and are to be respected.

You could have fooled me, on both counts.

quote:
BB1 - maybe I don't understand this. You want to say things about your son's coach and/or his program and not have it come back to bite your son? Here is my position: if you don't have the courage to say something and stand by it with your name, then don't say it at all. That's a stand-up way of ensuring that your son isn't damaged by any of your posts.

All in life is not sweetness and light. Negative things happen. There are good coaches/programs and bad coaches/programs. Why shouldn't someone come here and honestly describe what they perceive as their situation - even if it is a bad situation? By coming here, they may well get valuable advice. That advice might help them see things from a different perspective. Perhaps then the problem is no longer seen to exist. Or it is kept in proper proportion. Or they may get advice on how to handle the situation. Either how to correct the problem or make the best of it. And perhaps there is no solution, but they can gain some relief by talking with someone else who endured a similar situation (which is often the case).

And by doing so anonymously on this board, rather than around their son's school or community, they are avoiding stirring things up.

But I guess your well thought out analysis may have missed these things.

quote:
Too often, people get hurt by others who hide behind the safety of their anonymous screen names. You both have your reasons. I think differently than both of you. That's all.

Some of the ones doing the most "hurting" are not hiding their names. Another unfounded generalization.