Skip to main content

Reply to "Anonymous Part II"

quote:
Originally posted by CoachB25:

The problem comes to play when these posters use their anonymity to attack others. That is not conducive to the spirit of our site. Their agenda is to use this site for flaming purposes. I've often wondered what kind of life they are living if their excitement comes from causing conflicts on an internet site. Few of these noted posters bring much to the table. Naturally a few do but the way they present their message is also not in the spirit of the site and so, they are soon gone. I for one am thankful that Julie and Bob and all those that came before and or administrate this site have created a site that we can all benefit from.

Darrell Butler

I think everyone, regardless of opinions has made good points.

But the above statement by CoachB is most likely the best one. If someone wishes to remain anonymous, that is their business, but don't use that status to cause issues or to let your alter ego speak for you. I know that a while back CoachB has paid a price for not being anonymous and I admire that. There are others too, but instead of going away they have remained here and been very helpful to many many people.

I basically have the same philososphy as Coach May. I'll say what it is I have to say no matter whether I know who the person is or not. If I think that you are a kind and considerate person, I will respectfully disagree. If I think that you are up to no good, I will be on your case. If you ever say one thing bad about a young player who is not a professional or abut one of our websters kids, your post is gone and sent to Julie.

I am a pretty outspoken person, but in all of these years, only one person has taken it out verbally on my son on aanother website, not a bad % and he has never suffered because of anything that I have said. If I do have something negative to say, I will explain myself further, but I try to be careful about what I post, if someone asks a question and my reply would not be a positive one (about a coach or a porgram, etc.) I'll send a pm. In return for this I usually find my pm box full of questions from those who are afraid to ask because it might look stupid, they might get bashed or it is private information or someone just wanting to know info about a program or rule. If I can't answer, I will send them to someone who might be more helpful. I spend a lot of time here, because it has become a massive job to watch over this site and julie is one person. As she has once stated, this place wouldn't be what it is, if no one watched over it. I do beleive that is why teh site has grown, because it'as not known as a place you will get beat up on. You will however, get beat up on if you beat up on others. Big Grin I do not always do teh right thing, but if you are constantly giving information that most likely will not work for someone, I am on ya. It is every persons responsibility here to give honest and helpful information. And when giving that info, remember that everyone is different. I am thinking about discussions where something worked for one person but it may not be the right or healthy thing to do, it is that posters responsibility to inform those who may be reading that this may have worked for their son, but may not work for another. I have also found that if there is a discussion going on and one person disagrees with everyone that's ok, but explain why you disagree, that avoids arguments.

The HSBBW is what you make of it, if you want to post to help others, it's very hard to remain anonymous, if you want to bash someone it's easy.

However, I can tell you that since I have been reading here for so long, I usually, with a little time, can figure out who is using another name. I also make it my business to learn what I can about people, and each and everyone of you has an online personality that can even be picked up on another site. But that is what I do and I am willing to face the consequences of my actions. I do think twice when I post, just because people know who I am and have been reprimanded on ocassion from some posters that I shouldn't post things just because of who I am (you got that). And people should not be afraid to say what is on their minds, if done in the proper way, it's not seen as bashing.

I am probably one of the few here who do know those that wish to remain anonymous, however I have never seen any harmful posts from most them, so one should never feel they have to hide because they might say something wrong. I think most everyone here gets it right, once in a while someone comes along with an agenda or to yank our chains, but you all usually seem to take care of them on your own. Smile

Sorry to go on, just wanted to add my thoughts so those who think I am evil will understand. Big Grin

bb1 you remain anonymous because you FEEL you have to. You have gotten great advice, but never, never be afraid to remain a secret when it comes to your son's health. JMO.
Last edited by TPM