Skip to main content

Reply to "enough advice...thanks..."

Tough situation.   I would imagine that the administration probably already knows about the guy.  Surely some other people have spoken to him in the past.   Maybe they don't care.

You could look to layout a case against the guy with the AD by noting the number of people who've left over the years, and asking, "Does the school really have this many 'problem' players?"  I would add, "Sir, don't you think that we are a pretty normal high school as far as kids are concerned?  I see no other high school baseball teams with 5 or more players quitting each year during the season.  Heck, I don't see large numbers of players quitting football, or basketball or soccer, cheer or any other team during the middle of the season, as we have most every year.  Perhaps the issue is not the players but the leadership."  You might add in your experience in leadership.  Add the story of Washington providing leadership https://betterlifecoachingblog...ry-about-leadership/ and note that good leaders are in front leading by example.  Not berating from behind.

Most of all, I would look to move out of the school, if possible.   Do you have a relative in another town that he can move in with?  Can you manage a move?

As far as just playing travel ball.  I don't think that is your best option.  College coaches still expect their prospects to have played high school ball.   Trying to explain to them that your kid quit because the coach is a jerk is not going to work well.  It comes off as not taking coaching and criticism well.  Remember; they most likely won't know anything about the coach in question.  They are only hearing that your son quit the team.

Best to you.  I hope that things work out well.