Skip to main content

Reply to "enough advice...thanks..."

Mchlwlsh posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Okay, you didn't answer my questions so I will just say that I don't understand why YOU are having a meeting at the school or with the coach.  I also don't understand why the coach would email YOU about your sons behavior.  You know how I can tell my son is pissing off the coach, when he is sitting on the bench for an entire game.  There are no emails or heart to hearts...my son either has to take care of HIS business with the coach or he doesn't get to play.

Is HS necessary for a college baseball opportunity, no.  It isn't necessary, and if the coach has as bad of a rep as you say the college coaches know it and won't hold it against your kid.  Now, if the coach is known for being a hard a$$ and being hard on anyone that comes off as a punk, and your kid didn't make it in the program, that will also tell the college coach everything he needs to know.

If the email said your kid had an attitude then he likely did, why am I so sure, because I have a 14 year old 9th grader who says WAY more with his body than his mouth.  It's almost a prerequisite for being 14.

Sorry, at work...

thats what I dont understand either, he just got done pitching three innings...why would why did he email me. yeah, I dont get it either, something isn't making sense. 

Was my son a butthead...probably, but the coach put it as if this attitude was an absolute, that if my son was turd all the time...there is a major disconnect when I know they chose him to play this fall.

As part of my original post, I was glad he made it through a year of what was a tough program...but to tell a kid to leave the game, after he just pitched well, coming off an injury, the first game/scrimmage since May? something is not making sense and because the coach has a history, that has put us onto defense when the coach asked us 

Is there a chance it went down like this:

Assistant coach is the only one keeping track of who is injured and who isn't and he was off when your kid started pitching.  After the third inning of your kid was pitching he walked out, saw who was on the mound and then told the other coaches "we have a problem".  At that point he called your kid over and said "Are you even allowed to be running yet?" Meaning....aren't you still hurt kid?  Your kid responds with a cocky singsong answer “my doctor said that I can't sprint to my fullest yet.” The Assistant snapped, “that's not what I asked you.”...wouldn't it make more sense in this scenario of WHY the assistant snapped, why the senior assistant told him to just go home, and why the head coach jokingly said he was going to hit him with a clip board?   Then you got an email about how cocky your kid is and did it possibly mention that he isn't taking his health seriously?

Pitching is one of the hardest activities you can do to your legs....I'm not a doctor but I would guess repetitive slamming of your legs downhill on a mound isn't something that should be tried unless you ARE fully recovered and can sprint and jog. And maybe it's possible that your kid has been told before about watching his health but he's ignoring the coaches and coming off as a cocky know it all who made the team in 8th grade so you know, he's already hot stuff and knows it all.

Just guessing