Skip to main content

Reply to "Answering a Pro Questionnaire"

You may receive a myriad of advice here, but what it boils down to, is that you need to hand that piece of paper over to someone who asked some very pointed questions. Are you comfortable with how you answered them?

PG, and others have echoed, that not everyone needs to like you, interest only takes one person. My son was very much that kid. Some scouts thought very highly while others never considered him a prospect.

From the reality of where we sit now, our candor with the scouts was comfortable for us. Son was committed to a very good academic institution and even the scout that liked him the most knew that Junior was not yet good enough to pay enough to draw him away from that. When we filled out his questionnaire and was honest with him about the $ it would take to get Junior to forgo school, our relationship went to a new level. He flat out told me there was no way Junior was worth that much, and I told him that we knew that. He appreciated our honesty and has since then been a good source of advice.

In my mind, a kid is what he is. Will he allow a 50K bonus to lure him away from college? Would it be 200K as the threshold? You need to sort this out so that you aren't emotional about it. Then be honest...because you wouldn't want to tell him your threshold and then not sign for it if they drafted you because you were just trying to keep up interest.

JMHO's

You should be thrilled that Junior is drawing that kind of interest, congratulations.