Skip to main content

Reply to "Answering a Pro Questionnaire"

quote:
Will this chase away any future interest from pro scouts? Wouldn't being persued by a pro scout help in his effort to get interest from a college? Should he fudge a little in his answers to keep the door open, or should he be brutally honest? I also think that kids his age do change their minds, so I hate to chase off his chance if he does change his mind.

Answer the questions honestly.They ask what they ask for a reason.Most these guys know if the player is a good student it most likely will take more money to get them to forgo.(jmo: not 100% always the case)

A teammate of my son forgo a full ride to a very expensive D1, and went pro for under 50,000.He had already spent three years playing college ball, was 21 and thought he was getting too old to put it off any longer.

The scouts are trying to gather their info. so when draft day comes they know who will most likely sign and who will not.

Most likely your son may get a pro work out invite from the scout teams that have him fill out the information.

And many of these scouts know college coaches.Many help these guys find players.If you have a resume you send out you can add that you filled out a pro form and that they have been in contact with you.Also put on there any try outs you go to for pro teams.

But Honesty is good.Best policy always.
Last edited by fanofgame