Skip to main content

Reply to "Any good showcases/camps to attend in upper midwest for D2/D3"

Burger posted:

Hello all,

Been following this board for 3 years now and decided to jump in since my son is getting closer to start the recruiting go around.  Before beginning I just want to thank all posters for the information you have shared, it has helped out a lot!

My son is a 2021-16U (C/RHP/utility) in the Twin Cities-MN metro area that plays HS for a strong 4A (largest class), VFW/Legion (summer) and fall club for a good program.  He is looking at mid-major D1, D2 and D3 (non HA) colleges in the upper midwest to pursue academics/baseball.  Are there any camps/showcases that he should attend this year or next that target these schools?  I am especially interested in hearing from players/parents who have a son in or targeting the upper midwest.  Headfirst or other HA camps, Stanford and PG showcases would not apply to my son for various reasons.

He has attended some local college prospect camps this winter and will be doing his first PBR showcase this spring in hopes of getting an invite to the PBR Future Games this summer.  The plan moving forward is to start reaching out to coaches this year, attend selective college camps and do a couple more PBR showcases.  Am I on a reasonable path or is there something I am missing?  Thanks. 

There's one that's held in Apple Valley in the  summer...I for the life of me can't remember who puts it on. MIAC, UMAC, and most NSIC programs send someone.