Skip to main content

Reply to "Any good showcases/camps to attend in upper midwest for D2/D3"

Burger posted:

Buckeye 2015- Thanks for the advice on travel vs legion during the summer.  Unfortunately, not too many travel orgs (least nationally recognized) in my area that do summer tournaments.  The club scene here is more focused on fall and winter since legion is still strong during summer.  Are there specific tournaments in the midwest that are more focused for D2/D3 scouting, if so, what would you recommend?  As for measurables: 5'11"/185lbs, Pop 2.0, FB-cruises mid/upper 70's top 80, EV-85, IFvelo-77, Cvelo-74, 60-upper 7's.  He plays better than his metrics so it is more important to get him in games to be seen.  

Matt13 - Please reply back if you remember the tourney in Apple Valley.  Good to hear that colleges do scout the legion tournaments still since his HS has a strong legion team as well.

Joes87 - Following up more about PBR, does it make sense to do a PBR showcase in more than one state since they are regional entities or does it not matter as long as you have verifiable numbers to send to the coaches?

PABaseball - I understand what you are saying since it has been mention many times on this board.  I rather be a little early than late with regards camps/showcases since they are held 1-2 times per calendar year and the need to space them out properly. Thanks for the advice regarding HS/legion coaches.

Thanks everyone.

What I'm thinking of in AV is a showcase...for the life of me I can't remember who runs it, but they're based out of Wisconsin.