Skip to main content

Reply to "Any ideas what college sports look like this year?"

@baseballhs posted:

Did you hear about any craziness in football?  Its been going on for 2 months.  Yes, there have been some cases, but they quarantined those that needed to be and moved forward. How is it any more or less controlled now?   They were already on campus and already practicing.  I don't want to start down the gloom and doom road honestly.  I was just curious about any new protocols that athletes would be doing.  My friend said her son gets tested every week for football.  We were told players at our school would just be tested on arrival and then if they had symptoms or were a close contact to someone who tested positive.  If at any point they test positive, they must quarantine for 10 days but will not have to be tested or quarantined for the next 3 months.

I did hear of one P5 program where a few players went out and brought back COVID.  It really is literally impossible to achieve a plan, in my opinion.  

Students should be coming COVID free. Not arriving with, then have to quarantine at school. JMO