Skip to main content

Reply to "Any ideas what college sports look like this year?"

I'm so tired of people saying that we should not have youth and college sports because of the effect it could have on the older people.  The coaches can coach from a glass cubicle in high school and college.  They may not like it but they can.  They can wear full suits if they have a low immune system.  I have said about most things that people (adults) say right now about school and sports.  They say we want to do what is best for the kids but that is not true.  They really want to do what is best for the adults involved not the students.  They are not really worried about the kids going back to school but the teachers and administrators.  Put the teachers in a glass cubicle and let them teach.  But let the students who we have proved have very low rates of it live their lives. 

A coach who comes down with it can call plays from their living room, I do it every Saturday and I'm better than most of them.  (Don't believe me just look at my record on Madden, Obviously joking but it is reality).  The coaches who get sick or think they will get sick can coach some other way so please stop talking about what could happen to coaches, or trainers, or referees or on and on.  Almost all of them can do their paid job some other way or with safety equipment.  Let it truly be about the players and let them play. 

I don't do church right now the same way with senior adults that I do with youth and some don't like it but that is life.  I care about our senior adults but I also care about our youth.  Our youth do live services and our senior adults do FB live or drive-in unless they choose to come to the sanctuary.  I personally am going above and beyond to meet the needs of both groups which I think schools can do also.