Skip to main content

Reply to "Any ideas what college sports look like this year?"

This is not new.   Myocarditis caused by viruses causing heart attacks in athletes is a risk.   It's an elevated risk due to the novel virus.  I think we have to acknowledge that point but why is this new news to the commissioners or presidents.   This is already known, where they all just derelict in their responsibilities.  I will also comment that I have read that doctors/trainers are told to look for signs, they know how to screen and again it's not new.  What is new is using this as a reason with hopes that people cut and past to push the narrative.  

Oh ho hum. Just a heart infection. Everyone knows that.  I read back through this thread and didn't see it mentioned in relation to the "flu," "car accidents" etc.  To acknowledge it is an elevated risk for athletes due but then downplay it makes no sense. Very few know this, especially the athletes and their parents or families who will deal with it.

I would be willing to link the coroner's report from the first death where COVID was actually found in the heart muscle and was noted to have stressed the muscle to the point of rupture (along with other organ impact). Not sure anyone wants to read it though because it would show this infection "ain't the flu" and it is tough to read.

Ho Hum. Nope. not a good idea.

Last edited by infielddad