Skip to main content

Reply to "Any ideas what college sports look like this year?"

@infielddad posted:

Oh ho hum. Just a heart infection. Everyone knows that.  I read back through this thread and didn't see it mentioned in relation to the "flu," "car accidents" etc.  To acknowledge it is an elevated risk for athletes due but then downplay it makes no sense. Very few know this, especially the athletes and their parents or families who will deal with it.

I would be willing to link the coroner's report from the first death where COVID was actually found in the heart muscle and was noted to have stressed the muscle to the point of rupture (along with other organ impact). Not sure anyone wants to read it though because it would show this infection "ain't the flu" and it is tough to read.

Ho Hum. Nope. not a good idea.

So what you are saying is, that if a kid decides to play his chances of getting covid, and developing a heart condition are greater than if he stays home? Because if he stays home he's not going to hang with friends, go to bars/parties, etc. Because college age kids don't do those things right? Prove to me that their chances of getting sick are greater at school than at home.