Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone Else Ever Had a Kid Train Tirelessly, but Show No Results?"

I’m not saying it’s ONLY about metrics, that’s ridiculous.  A kid has to be able to play, that’s a given.

It simply isn’t reality that there aren’t certain benchmarks that a kid has to have with metrics, and with grades, in order to get recruited at a particular level.

Again, point out ONE pitcher in the SEC whose fastball tops out at 78.  You cannot.  It doesn’t matter if the kid can spin it like Koufax and has the grit and toughness of a World War 2 vet, there isn’t an SEC RC who will sign a kid who throws 78, or who has a 1.7 GPA, nor will they sign a position player who runs a 8.3 60

Find me one D1 middle infielder signed in the last 3 years who runs a 7.6 60 or slower.  Just one.  There are almost 300 D1 teams

A kid throwing 78 isn’t going to be recruited at any level of baseball in my part of the country. Neither is a MIF that can’t run. Kids like that can’t get on the field on a decent HS program in Texas. You might as well have said, “show me one SEC team that has a midget batting cleanup”