Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone familiar with FieldLevel?"

What position is your son?

We did free through High School and had some interactions and interest, but everything my son did with his Travel Ball teams (Summer/Fall), Perfect Game events, and Twitter (@Flatgroundapp) were all way more productive and effective. 

There are PLENTY of free resources available online. Bookworm Ballplayers, Mound Prospects, others for catchers too, Flatgroundapp (for pitchers) and flatgroundbats (for fielder/hitters). READ THE RULES and what you can post for the most effective use of those free services.

I wouldn't think you need to pay, unless like others said, you can't stand not knowing, but if there is real interest, it won't take long for your son to get an email and you'll know who it is/was.

Better money is spent on a good quality video (with good radar) and/or regional showcase or event with tons of coaches. I get not everyone can afford or have access to a Stalker Pro2 or other good radar gun vs Ballcoach or whatever, but the SP2 will leave no doubt to scouts.  Find someone and borrow it, if you can.

Most will also tell you....running and doing a pull down into a net doesn't show anything either. Game footage, bull pen, etc. are better.  Multiple angles would be good too. JMO