Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone have experience these two summer teams?"

My son played one game for them when he was a Soph in HS and actually got his first "collegiate win" pitching for them when they were in the CCL several years ago. I heard they dropped out of this league last year and I assume it was for financial reasons, but don’t really know. Their home field is the same field as the Blues, which is still in the CCL, and I looked at their schedule and see that they played them a few times last year. They also play some other scout teams, independents and a few summer Jr. college teams. Looks like they are made up mostly of Jr College players plus a few others

As far as the level of play it is probably below the CCL level, and somewhere between Jr college baseball and high level scout ball out here on the West Coast. They probably don’t see a lot of D1 pitching, but maybe a game here or there. I don’t know how they handle housing for kids out of the area as far as host families, etc.

San Luis Obispo is a fantastic town, it is home to Cal Poly and it is one of the true “college towns” on the West Coast. Town is in Cental Cal, about 35,000. There will probably be some college kids around who are taking summer school, plus tourists coming through. Weather is perfect, gets a little cool from the sea breezes in the afternoon, (if you think 55-60 is cool) but warms up to the 80’s during the day. Pretty much the same weather every day, coastal fog in morning, clearing to 80 then cooling in the evening. As far as place to spend the summer, you probably could not find a better one.

A friend of mine’s son played for them when they were in the CCL, and was pretty knowledgeable about them. I can call him if you need more information on them. Send me a PM if you want more information.
Last edited by BOF