Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone know anything about the ShowBall Showcase?"

quote:
Originally posted by DLOCK15:
Does anyone know if the schools that are listed will actually show up. 32 D1 schools is a big claim to make. It just doesn't seem likely to me that they would all show up.

They do mass mailings, so your name and address/email is out there somewhere. Anyone who pays plays, so it is not an invite in the sense of skill equating to a selective invitation only event.

My son attended last summers event in the same location with roughly the same number of coaches promised. To the events credit they did have all or most of the promised schools in attendance.

HOWEVER, keep this in mind when making your decision. Not every coach who shows up is a decision maker. Some are nothing more than volunteer assistant coaches who are low on the totum pole. That is not to say all of them are nobodies because they also have the recruiting coordinators present in some cases, as well as an occasional head coach. Still many are not in a position to make decisions, much less have authority to make an offer.

They will give a written evaluation which is done by one of the coaches who's school is listed. If your son performs well and is seen by one of the schools you are interested in, it might work out. Keep in mind that multiple games are going at once, so not every kid is seen by every coach.

To me, the Perfect Game events are the best on several levels. I'd put the Showball and Top 96 events somewhere in the middle based on my experiences last year.