Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone know anything about the ShowBall Showcase?"

Rounder,

Where did you gather all this information? You are welcome to your opinion, but your stating things in such a way that they aren't really opinions. And both of your two posts are the same.

First of all, I don't think anyone on our staff posts here other than me. And I hardly ever post anything negative about anyone else. Personally I know nothing about the subject of this thread. Even if I did, I wouldn't post if it were negative. I can't control what others post if they aren't employed by PG.

The whole subject of sponsoring/advertising has been addressed here many times. We consider what we do here a donation. Many years ago Bob howdeshell started a donation aspect of the site for those interested in helping. There was no advertising back then. I've never asked for any advertisement or favors. I've even asked our advertisement be taken down a few times.

I don't consider us the main sponsor of the site, we are only trying to help the site just as we have always done. Your post is an example of why I didn't want any advertising. Julie kind of insisted on the advertising because she thought it was the right thing to do.

I'm only mentioning this because of what you have written. I ask for no favors and have been involved in several diplomatic disagreements with many of the same posters you are claiming are PG staff members. I assure you they are not!

And I didn't realize we advertised at Wrigley Field. If that is true I need to thank the person who did this, seeing we sure don't pay for any advertising there.

Not sure why you have posted this, but you sure have things confused. I don't have a problem with what you think, but what you have posted is not accurate.

I should also let you know that it is against NCAA rules for a college coach to endorse these things in any publication including message boards. If they could we would have too many endorsements to mention them all. They can talk though and many do. It has worked out well for us. Call the same school and see what they have to say.

Now that I've replied to your rant with one of my own, welcome to the site and thanks for the nice words. While I might not agree with everything you've posted, I do agree with you regarding people doing the research.

BTW, We don't constrain anyone here! I see no reason why anyone would remove your post, but that is not up to me.
Best of luck to your son.