Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone know anything about the ShowBall Showcase?"

First I have no affiliation with PG and my son has not yet even attended a PG Event, but is registered for NorthEast Sunshine. So honestly I don't know personally one way or the other. However, I am a seasoned veteran of Public Message Boards, I'm a huge Ford Mustang fan and have been on those boards for years and other Youth baseball boards more recently. One Major Problem with this form of communication is the loss of "subtext" that is essential in face to face conversation. Sometimes written words appear to be attacks and accusations when they were not intended to be. I did not read :

"I should also let you know that it is against NCAA rules for a college coach to endorse these things in any publication including message boards. If they could we would have too many endorsements to mention them all. They can talk though and many do. It has worked out well for us. Call the same school and see what they have to say."

To be an accusation that you or the named college Coach committed an NCAA rules violation, but I can see how you could have interpreted it that way. In my experience too many threads end up as fights due to the miscommunication caused by the limitations of this format.

Why don't we end the argument with both organizations put forth a useful service. Participants of both have had good things and bad things to say and it is up to each potential customer to do their own research and decide if it is a venue for their child. To describe the proponents of one as their employees or children who never even attended the event they describe is just plain silly.

Frankly no one here wants to read a back and forth ****ing match that ruins so many threads. Like the vast majority of members I utilize this Message Board as a valuable tool to learn how to best assist my son in chasing his dream. Some posts have been more helpful then others, some have ulterior financial motives but all in all I have obtained a wealth of knowledge from the experiences of these posters that I do not believe I could have gained anyplace else. I recently went to a presentation by one of the "Professional" Recruitment Companies not only did he not tell me anything I didn't already learn here, but he was actually mistaken on several of his assertions and I came away convinced I could do a better job by myself based upon the help and advice i get here.

so lets stop the name calling and go back to sharing advice, information, ideas, war stories and now my personal favorite updates on the success of members children in college and professional ball.