Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone know anything about the ShowBall Showcase?"

BBaller44,

I can't help noticing that you are posting from the same IP number as Rounder.

Rounder,

I'm the owner of this website, and I just wanted to clarify a few points that you made.

Perfect Game does indeed help make this website possible thru a donation each year, but there have never been ANY strings attached to their donation. I had to ask Jerry (PGStaff) 4 or 5 times before he let me put up a banner giving Perfect Game some credit for their sponsorship. He didn't want "advertising", but I said it was unfair that his organization was not recognized for their generosity. He finally said okay.

Thru the 5+ years I have owned the site, I have occasionally contacted Jerry asking if he wanted an untrue, unkind post removed. I contacted him about those few posts NOT because I felt any obligation, but because I've met Jerry and his wife several times, as well as meeting several other staff members at PG, and I know what truly kind and honest people they are. But whenever I asked him, Jerry has always said, "Don't worry about it; please don't give us any special treatment."

Many more of our members know Jerry and the folks at Perfect Game and can vouch for their honesty and integrity. I just wanted to clarify those couple of points.

Julie
Last edited by MN-Mom