Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone see a class or a schedule that makes you cringe?"

Majoring in Econ/Quantitative Analytics during baseball season I always tried to take a course from the unofficial athletic department’s recommended easy courses list. It was a list passed around from team to team. The list had courses like Geology 101 we called Rocks For Jocks and Religion 101 we called Praying For A’s. 

One semester I took an Urban Studies course from the easy list. I had a visiting professor who wasn’t aware the course was on the easy list. The course was supposed to have only a multiple choice midterm and final.

I walked into the midterm. It was all essay. My first thought was, “I’m bleep’ed! I BS’ed my way to the only C I got in college. It’s hard to get a half semester behind in anything and catch up.

Both kids were STEM majors (one science, one math). They had a lot of hard courses. One had labs. The conversation was more of a quantitative, how hard will this semester be? Conversation about labs were more about interfering with softball schedule than anything else. 

Last edited by RJM