Skip to main content

Reply to "Architectural D-1 Colleges with good baseball"

Brookc2b,

Sorry kid, architecture school is tough in itself. I know because "I are one" an arkytec with a 5-year B. of Architecture from U. of Arkansas. That aside, it was the best time of my life! I had more fun doing something I loved. It has to be a passion for any young person in order to get through and put up with everything they put you through. Check your ego at the door because the course load and hours you have to put in are tremendous. Others have said something about the all nighters, well it is true. Then, after several all nighters you have to present your project to a group of professors who show no remorse when they find every little thing you did wrong or should of done differently. They do this to break you down and remold you to meet the demands of the architectural business world. But, let me tell you, the friends you make and your classmates become like a baseball team. They got your back. I was 20 when I started in arch school, which helped a lot. I did have a part time job because I did not have a choice. This time away from studying was very hard.
A baseball team committment and arch school would be, in my opinion, almost impossible. For instance, at the U of A at that time, it took 168 hours to receive a 5 year degree. This was only class time, research, homework and project work. It does not include all of the extra time to get your projects finished.
But I'll tell you what, show me the kid who did both baseball and architecture school, I'll hire him because he's one tough kid who is definitly a team player! Keep us posted on your decision.