Skip to main content

Reply to "Are agents necessary for later round draftees"

I tend to agree with Big, he had some really valuable things to say. A smart person takes what knowledge they can from the different people they are dealing with and then processes that information and decides which direction to head in. It's their choice.
I agree with TR that more parents come here for advice for college, only a select few might eventually need advice for the draft. I agree with VC, if they have questions they should seek out a professional for help, no matter what the circumstance. And Hoss has a right to his opinion just like anyone else.
I don't think anyone would have an argument with that.
Some people just don't know where to go for proper advice, so they come here.
What is happening more and more often is that when someone asks for advice and if by chance a person responding gives his or her opinion (for whatever reason) and another one disagrees the next thing you know is that 4-5 pages of arguments follow, lots of them in the form of attack against each other, sometimes the question is never really answered.
I know that there are some here that know more than others, some parents have been through the process (college or draft) and have valuable information to share. Others are HS, college, LL coachs, scouts,lawyers, former players and advisor/agents. Be helpful, be courteous answer the question the best you can, don't hide because you have some nasty things to say. Say them in a constructive way, no one would criticize anyone for that. Remember some are coming here because they might not know where else to go.
People tend to lose their credibility when they show improper behavior and I think this goes for all of us. Thee is one webster in particular, as an example who has identified himself only as a father of a college player who has been through the college recruiting and draft process and although I realize his situation was similar yet unigue, he is courteous and respectful and always identifies his posts as his own opinions as a parent. To me he is one of the most credible here on this site because of the way he handles himself. There are others and I commend you for your efforts.
In repsect for Bob, the creator of this website, why can't we all just try to HELP one another in the best way we know how. If you find that another webster has given what you feel is the correct advice, help to clarify. If it is perhaps the wrong advice help them to understand your position, why you feel you are able to provide the correct information. Everyone should act as they would here as they would in the real world, if you can't, don't post. I shall follow my own advice as well.
In answer to your question Infielddad, you may wish to seek the advice of a professional or two before you proceed. I just am suggesting that you do your own homework before so that when the time comes you can make your own decision as to what course to follow.
TY for listening everyone!