Skip to main content

Reply to "Are College Camps Wort It?"

Swagg,

You mentioned your "coach" in your post.  I assume this is either your high school or travel coach.  Have you asked him as you are getting started on this recruiting journey?   We all have to start somewhere.  For us, it was son's national travel coach who opened some doors and showed us the ropes until we were able to zero in on what exactly son wanted, and what schools were looking for someone like him.  

His travel coach was a great sounding board as he had been through this countless times over the years, and he had his own network of college coaches that got us started.   College coaches would tell his travel coach things that they would not tell us directly.   He became our communication proxy with interested schools.   Also, we were able to expand beyond the travel coach's college  coaching network, and introduce him to some new coaches that my son had initiated contact with.  My point is you've got to start somewhere especially with camps.   Camps can be an incredible recruiting event and they can be a waste of time and money if you don't know what you are looking for.   Your high school or travel coach probably knows more than you think.   I would politely ask your coach to help you with this, and continue to use HSBBWeb as a source of information.

Good luck!

Last edited by fenwaysouth