Skip to main content

Reply to "Are College Camps Wort It?"

cabbagedad posted:

Having reread your OP...

First, a question... is it safe to assume the school is in state or nearby?

Second, to try to answer your question "what would be the best route to actually get recruited?", it is different for everyone.  It is usually some combination of finding the right travel team, selecting the right events, having the right instructors, etc., but can be made to work with any budget.  It depends largely on your talent level and what you want from a school.  It usually requires a good plan and a lot of proactive work on your part, probably with some good guidance from parent or others.  You have found a great resource to help you make sure you are taking the best steps for your specific scenario.  You can ask questions any time and search on just about any topic here.

The camp is a 4 day camp, and the school is a short drive away. I personally feel as a player it would be a great opportunity given the location and the exposure. I just want to make sure I spend my dollars in the best, most prospective opportunities. Has Prep Baseball Report showcases been a good third party event? There is one near me, would it be better as a rising sophomore to invest in that? Thanks to you and everyone else who has given feedback!